MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses
MiSight® 1 day contact lenses are the first and only FDA-approved* soft daily contact lenses to slow the progression of myopia in children aged 8-12 at the initiation of treatment.
Not only do these lenses correct your child’s distance vision, but the ActivControl technology has been shown to slow the progression of myopia by 59%.
Beyond standard vision correction, myopia management with a soft contact lens provides children with additional lifestyle benefits.
- Offering a comfortable wearing experience4
- Avoiding the worry of losing or breaking glasses
- Accommodating a more active lifestyle4
- Providing children who wear contact lenses a significantly better quality of life than kids wearing glasses, especially regarding athletics and appearance5
Dr. McHugh has undergone special training and is certified to fit MiSight® 1 day contact lenses. Schedule an appointment today!
1. Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year randomized clinical trial of MiSight® lenses for myopia control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019; 96(8):556–67.
2. La liste des nominés aux 26e SILMO d’Or. (2019, September 25). Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https:// en.silmoparis.com/Silmo-d-Or-Awards/Nominees-2019.
3. Optician. (2018, April 4). Optician Awards 2018: Black ties and glittering prizes. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.opticianonline.net/news/optician-awards-2018- black-ties-and-glittering prizes.
4. Walline JJ, et al. Benefits of contact lens wear for children and teens. Eye Contact Lens. 2007;33(6 Pt 1):317-21.
5. Rah MJ, et al. Vision specific quality of life of pediatric contact lens wearers. Optom Vis Sci. 2010;87(8):560-6.