COVID-19 Safety Procedures
What to Expect When You Visit Our Practice
Thank you for entrusting Focused Eye Care with your vision care needs. We’re sure you’re aware of the constantly changing concerns around COVID-19 and want to take this opportunity to make your aware of the precautions our office is taking to ensure the safety of our patients and staff.
Our goal is to ensure a safe and sanitary environment for everyone in our office. If you have symptoms of cough, respiratory distress, or fever, we are asking that you reschedule your appointment by calling (847) 243- 8176.
We are strictly following CDC guidelines for cleaning, including staff training on these measures. Please see below for what to expect at your upcoming appointment:
Temperature Screening and COVID-19 Questionnaire:
- Your temperature will be checked with an infrared thermometer upon entering.
- All patients will be asked to complete a COVD-19 questionnaire prior to or upon arrival.
- Our front door will be locked. Please call when arriving, and we will indicate when we are ready for you to enter our office.
- We are asking all patients ages 5 and older to arrive with face protection (mask) as required by the Village of Buffalo Grove. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one.
- Patients are to come to their appointment alone, or with one parent/guardian.
- We are limiting patient encounters to one patient an hour, and are requiring all optical appointments to be scheduled (glasses pick-ups, etc.)
- We are offering dedicated time slots for our older and vulnerable patients, giving you less exposure to the general population. Please inquire with the staff to set up an appointment during these times.
Cleaning Protocols and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment):
- A front desk hand sanitization station is available for you to use upon entering, as well as various points throughout the office.
- All staff are equipped with PPE, including masks, gloves, and face shields.
- We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- As always, the examination room will be disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment.
- We are adding medical grade air purifiers with HEPA filtration to further purify air in the exam room
- We will be disinfecting frames between every patient, and we ask that you please allow the opticians to handle the frames from the frame board.
We are looking forward to safely seeing you for your upcoming exam. Please do not hesitate to call with any questions or concerns.
Dr. Caitlyn McHugh, Adam, Cindy & Nancy.